Skip to content

GV Radio

GV Radio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

12 results found

1. A news like program outlining hot topics on GV. Updated and broadcast every/ two/three hours. Can be used for announcements/appeals etc as well.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. In the same way that it is making room for all languages, Global Voices could maybe use its radio to explore and discover traditional and modern music from all around the world.

It is a wide subject, but we could give it a structure by picking a region each week and hearing old and new, famous and unknown musicians, singers and bands.

I am happy to help in developing this idea if GV thinks it is worth trying !

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A news feature program that interviews the authors and/or editors of stories recently published on GV, not only to learn about the story itself in more depth, but also to learn about the author/editor's experience, such as how they stumbled upon the story, how they went about reporting it, what aspect of the story surprised them, if/how the story personally affects them, etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As you all know, the African Music industry is trying to cut boundaries, it would be great if GV gave a chance to the young musicians in this cause. We run interviews of established and also focus on reviewing new artists' music to give them a platform.
    This is typically about African music with segments like:
    1. Gossip and news about celebrities,
    2. Profiles.
    3. Brand new tracks.
    4. Velocity Tracks(Songs that are breaking to the world market very fast)
    Why should you have such a show?
    1. Musicians have a big following and in that matter when they are…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Just kidding... but a multilingual program and discussions on translation topics and anecdotes, plus translation tips and etc may boost volunteering for some of our teams! Paula and I are eager for ideas and.. yes, volunteers!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The diversity of countries on GV is a huge plus. It can be used in a program to introduce local cultures from each country. Books, music, arts.. You name it.
    We can also host local cultural / intellectual figures in each country. Of course translating such programs into other languages is still an advantage.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm thinking it would be awesome to have a cultural section for sharing and commenting cultural contents (books, movies, music) that are under open licensing schemes or are in public domain. It would also involve sharing knowledge about the Open Culture movement. As a fiction writer and an open culture activist, I would love to contribute to that! (May someone come up with an awesome name for this)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to listen and present a show that has a balanced mixture of serious issues like human rights or women issues and political happenings (As it is there on website) with music and reports about or interviews of young musicians/writers/theater and other artists.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The idea is to invite young musicians to perform online. This will give them some public exposure and be a kind of first experience. Many young and talented musicians have difficulty to make their way into show-biz exactly because they are young, too little known, nobody's nephew... Let's give them an opportunity to make the first step.
    Some interesting discoveries could be done in this field. In this regard, I remember a musical producer who refused to launch 4 young and talented guys because they were too little known to the public. Well...the guys (Lennon, McCartney, Starr, Harrison) found another…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Kevin and I would like to pitch a separate RuNet Echo podcast/show, that we would record and produce ourselves. The show would be bi-weekly and would be an overview of stuff happening on the Russian-speaking internet. We're still plotting, but we think the show could be anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes long. We're working on the script structure at the moment.
    We'd love to stream the recorded podcast on the GV Radio at a set time every two weeks, and would also make it available for download through iTunes and on the RuNet Echo website.
    Hosts/producers - Kevin Rothrock,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A daily 10 mins news peek, for global citizen media news posted on GV.
    This 10 mins are translated into many languages and each language is aired at the top of each hour.

I can work in editing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →