Skip to content

Help Create the Program for the Public Days of the GV Summit 2015

Help Create the Program for the Public Days of the GV Summit 2015

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

25 results found

1. DIY simple salad recipes perpare healthy and nutirtious recipes at your home with ease. Just visit http://livingunrefined.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Poor credit is an impede that your monetary life needs to manage once you bring about it. It does cause a melancholy on your prospects at 1monthloan-uk.co.uk. However, toward the end of each passage, light can be found. Unfavorable credit is warmly invited by some loan plans known as loans for poor credit.

Loans for poor credit are monetary help stretched out particularly to poor credit holders. A wide range of awful record as a consumer are acknowledged:

Loans for poor credit may be utilized to fuel assorted purposes; how you need to utilize your loan is up to your…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. What will be the proper support being given to those online writer contributor for them to be active engage in reporting important issues in their community for the public to know.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Over the past few weeks, I have been the target of Azerbaijani government for the work I do in public diplomacy. My case was covered by most pro-government media and I have been turned into a traitor who deserves punishment. In addition to this, being female writer made it an even easier target as I began getting so many intimidation messages online calling me a wh. I also received several death threats and many more promises to f me in all ways possible to punish me for my work. I think this is another important discussion people should gather…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would be very much interested in joining a conversation about/with online platforms, tools, that offer services enabling journalists working on investigative stories and how these services and tools can be shared with journalists working around the world.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let's discuss the best practices in using social media for disaster-preparation, monitoring and response. Let's review the experience of Southeast Asian nations: How governments are adopting social media tools, how telcos are behaving or delivering online tools during disasters, and how netizens are innovating. Specifically, let's recall Thailand Flood 2011, Philippine Haiyan 2013, the Southeast Asia Haze, Indonesia volcano eruption.

We can discuss the importance of reliable, accessible, open IT infrastructure during disasters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Earlier this year I read Eli Pariser's 'Filter Bubble'. In the book, Pariser argues that as a result of personalized search, Internet users are living in 'filter bubbles' seeing only viewpoints that are only similar to theirs and information that only appeals to their interests. In other words, algorithms are deciding what we may like or not like to see instead of what we should see. So, to what extent should we be concerned about personalized search? Is personalized search threatening the diversity of the Internet?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Basically is to invite representatives from some of our partnerships to a panel in which they can talk about their projects, and how partnerships between media outlets, tech and activists orgs can be done and improved (for GV) around the world.

I also think that sharing some days with us and seeing our potential, enthusiasm and ideas will make them more likely to actively engage with GV, maybe in other forms than just the content sharing.

My ideal partnerships are:

Natalia Viana from ePublica (GV portuguese)
    (Someone) from Rue89 (GV french)
    (Someone) from Periodismo Ciudadano (GV spanish)
    (Someone) from InfoAmazonia…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In many countries, particularly in Africa, linguistic groups are formed around common interests, using their native languages. By example, there are hundreds of sites dealing of Fulani culture, general information, dating, simple language learning, etc.

This working group would review the experience of participants, difficulties and suggestions for resolving them.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tunisian NGO Mourakiboun used a digital monitoring platform to perform a new kind of election observation: what happens on the internet during the campaign and election day. By covering 30,000 local Facebook pages and thousands of websites, they were able to capture fraud attempts, hate speech instances and uncover the hidden tactics of political players to influence voters, during the 2014 elections. We would like to share the story, and learn from you how citizens are innovating across the world to reclaim their rights in fair societies.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We all know that authors are always at risk in countries that practice tight monitoring and censorship on internet. but how far does the threat go in various parts of the world? and do you feel threatened as a translator? do laws cover translators?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How has the internet advanced or threatened feminist activism in local/global contexts? How do we define a feminist Internet? A feminist technology? Feminism is broadly defined to include issues regarding race, sexuality, and class.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. During the first semester of 2014, protests all across the country were organised, held and documented without any support from traditional media. In the absence of free media, with a media blackout and the implementation of different forms of online and offline censorship and repression, there are some lessons to be learned about citizen media coverage, self-organization and organicity of social movements, and preparation and response to threats.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hungarian investigative site atlatszo.hu has been running workshops for journalists, bloggers and activist on how they can use Freedom of Information requests to obtain information from public bodies, and then produce an informative blog post or article that helps advocate important issues, or draws attention to the problems in public administration.

Do you have a Freedom of Information Act in your country, or are you fighting to pass one? I would like to share my knowledge with you, and learn from your experiences.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The governments and the policy makers try to be populists and want to suppress dissenting or alternative ideas, views or voices online. In Pakistan YouTube is banned for more than 2 years because it hosted the trailer of anti-Islam movie "Innocence of Muslims". The allegations it hurts the Sentiments of the Muslims. In Bangladesh 4 bloggers were arrested in 2013 and 2 Facebook users in a separate incident because they hurt sentiment of the Muslims. These threats are having an impact on the general bloggers on netizens who are resorting to self censorship. How do you defend the rights of…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tens of thousands of protesters have marched on 28 October against a plan by the Hungarian government to tax internet use from 2015.

The rally, the second in three days over the scheme, is also seen as a sign of growing discontent among mostly younger Hungarians over the prime minister, Viktor Orbán’s policies that critics say are centralising power and increasing the role of the state, to the detriment of private enterprise.

I think the GVO Summit could be an excellent forum to scrutinize from various angles whether or not such developments as the ones in question indicate a threat…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With all the movements and contacts taking place, and the presence of different identities online, I would like to propose a space to discuss how cultures can meet in the 2.0. I gathered some experiences from GVers talking about their reading experience for my research, which is about online stories and how they can help us open to other cultures. Their ideas are wonderful.

What do you think if we organize a discussion on how cultures can be found online? And how we can see the new ways in which they mix? We have diasporas connecting, people talking about their…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To focus on poor tech people and their cyber rights.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are 150+ Filipino languages and we will explore the landscape of how indigenous languages are being promoted by digital activists including some of the ongoing technical, linguistic, and socio-cultural challenges.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1